Give NWRC’s 5k a Glow!

Local people are being asked to help light up Derry~Londonderry at North West Regional College’s (NWRC) inaugural 5k event on March 9.

Beginning at 7.30 p.m. at the Clock Tower at Ebrington, the 5k will see walkers and runners, complete with their glowsticks, light up the event route over the city’s iconic Peace Bridge, finishing at the College’s Foyle Building along the quayside.

The event, which is the first of its kind in the city, has been organised by NWRC staff member Nicholas Mullan.

Well known on the local running circuit and a veteran of events such as the London Marathon, this year Nicholas is looking forward to seeing his second batch of runners graduate from NWRC’s Couch to 5k programme.

The 5K Glow Run on March 9 will be the NWRC group’s first official 5k – but the event is open to everyone in the North West.

Chief Executive and Principal of NWRC Leo Murphy said: “We want as many local people as possible to come out and support what promises to be a fantastic evening. The event is not just for runners, we want to encourage walkers to get involved. It’s all about staying active and fit. At the same time the College will be promoting the community message of how important it is to stay safe whilst out running on the dark evenings.”

The event costs just £10 to take part and every participant will have a chipped time, receive a finisher medal, and a GLOW goodie Bag,. Refreshments will be served afterwards in NWRC’s Foyle Building.

It’s easy to sign up just register for the Walk/Run by following the link below.

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/NWRCGlowRun

Full Route Information at http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=DC360F67-ACFD-72CF-6374D8A6530FA83E

Looking forward to seeing you all on March 9th.

GLOW FOR IT.
Group pictured at the launch of North West Regional College’s 5k Glow run which takes place on March 9. From left are NWRC staff member Nicholas Mullan, NWRC Students Liasion and Events officer Danny Lyttle, Neighbourhood Constable Lynsey Elliott, Policing and Community Safety Partnership Manager DCSDC, Dermot Harrigan, Neighbourhood Constable Sam McFarland, student Ethan Kelly, and NWRC lecturer Thomas Moore.
Register now at https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/NWRCGlowRun.

NWRC On Twitter

Our students were raising awareness for @NHSOrganDonor at Fresher's Week - They got a fantastic response. Well done… https://t.co/Nkgoy35czz
h J R
@mynwrc

Tipsukon Cochrane

NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic…
NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic and there is such a great atmosphere between the students […]

Liam Duffy

My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance…
My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance to apply for lots of degree courses. We were supported […]

Paul Gallagher

The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next…
The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next career move which I hope to be Marine Biology at […]

Aoife McGrory

It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave…
It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave me that opportunity.

Jessica Vance

The lecturers and the resources are just brilliant! I would recommend the college to anyone.
Opening Hours