Football Star David Healy to Deliver Masterclass at North West Regional College

Northern Ireland’s all-time leading international goal-scorer and current Linfield Manager David Healy MBE is set to visit North West Regional College next week as part of its continuing series of ‘Getting To The Top of Your Game’ masterclasses.

PACEMAKER BELFAST
Photo Colm Lenaghan/Pacemaker Press

Following last year’s College visit by international soccer manager Martin O’Neill, this exciting event will see David Healy as special guest at the College’s Main Street Campus in Limavady next Wednesday 22nd March at 5 p.m., where he will provide helpful tips and advice into how to achieve personal or career goals through an insight into his playing career with various premier league clubs including Manchester United, his rise to becoming the top scorer for Northern Ireland and his transition into management with Linfield FC.  He will also talk about how to make it to the top of his profession and the high and lows of being a professional footballer.

Luke McCloskey, Deputy Head of Health & Sport at North West Regional College said that this event was a must for all local sports enthusiasts and for anyone wishing to take their career ambitions to a new level:

“We are delighted to welcome David Healy to the College next week when he will share the necessary qualities of drive, determination and motivation which are required to carve out a successful career in industry.   The event forms part of our strategy of enabling local people to take part in our course provision, and for it to be an inspiration to all learners or indeed anyone wishing to achieve career ambitions.  Our College has a long tradition of providing exciting and popular sports courses at Limavady, and enjoys a proud record of progressing graduates into dedicated Higher education degrees or positions of employment across Northern Ireland and beyond.”

Sports journalist Denise Watson will be the host for the event where all guests will have the chance to win signed merchandise.

This Masterclass event is FREE, but places are limited. Book now at https://getinvited.to/nwrc/davidhealy/

NWRC On Twitter

Thinking of a career in sports? Come along to our Strand Road Campus this evening from 6 -8. Info evening on our courses in Sports Hall
h J R
@mynwrc
Why we are so focused on our skills focused courses! Getting you ready for work. https://t.co/Eg1OUe43Ad
h J R
@mynwrc

Tipsukon Cochrane

NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic…
NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic and there is such a great atmosphere between the students […]

Liam Duffy

My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance…
My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance to apply for lots of degree courses. We were supported […]

Paul Gallagher

The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next…
The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next career move which I hope to be Marine Biology at […]

Aoife McGrory

It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave…
It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave me that opportunity.

Jessica Vance

The lecturers and the resources are just brilliant! I would recommend the college to anyone.
Opening Hours