NWRC student provides soundtrack for Visit Derry campaign

A North West Regional College student has been selected to provide the soundtrack to a new advertising campaign aimed at showcasing Derry~Londonderry as an ideal short break destination.

18-year-old Roisin Donald, who performs under the name ROE, has lent her single ‘Closer to You’ as the soundtrack for Visit Derry’s ‘Discover Wall to Wall Inspiration’ short breaks campaign.

The campaign will highlight the many festivals and events taking place across the city this Spring including the City of Derry Jazz and Big Band Festival, the Walled City Tattoo and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

ROE is a rising star of the music industry having caught the attention of BBC Radio 6’s Tom Robinson, performed at Stendhal Festival of Art in 2016 and collaborated with MOBO award nominated David Lyttle.

‘Closer to You’ has also been used on BBC NI documentary ‘Love in a Day’ which was filmed over 24 hours in the summer of 2016 and aired in February 2017.

Speaking about her music being used by Visit Derry, the talented ROE said: “Derry is my home and I’m a passionate supporter of the city, so it’s a great honour for my music to be selected as the soundtrack for Visit Derry’s advertising campaign.

“I love writing music, performing live and sharing what I have to say through my songs and the last 12 months has been a whirlwind start to my music career. It’s great that so many opportunities have presented themselves, which have given me the chance to build my profile and get my music recognised.”

NWRC On Twitter

We have a great event in our Limavady Greystone Campus tonight https://t.co/2u3MJ2P6BN - Superb apprenticeship opportunity - 7pm
h J R
@mynwrc
Are you in the food business? We have a great event @NWRCfood with @ChefBrianMcD sharing his expertise #Foodovation… https://t.co/YYyIwKPYYX
h J R
@mynwrc
Well students, happy to be back tomorrow after a nice long break?? We know you are!! https://t.co/F5V5Gqk7ms
h J R
@mynwrc

Tipsukon Cochrane

NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic…
NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic and there is such a great atmosphere between the students […]

Liam Duffy

My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance…
My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance to apply for lots of degree courses. We were supported […]

Paul Gallagher

The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next…
The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next career move which I hope to be Marine Biology at […]

Aoife McGrory

It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave…
It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave me that opportunity.

Jessica Vance

The lecturers and the resources are just brilliant! I would recommend the college to anyone.
Opening Hours