Mental Health specialist delivers engaging talk at North West Regional College. – North West Regional College

Mental Health specialist delivers engaging talk at North West Regional College.

North West Regional College was delighted to welcome mental health specialist Marie Dunne to the college to deliver a talk to staff and students in Early Years.

Marie Dunne, from the Western Health and Social Care Trust Team, is the lead in the “Schools for Hope.”

During the event, which was held at Strand Road Campus, Ms Dunne spoke about Mental Health and resources locally with a focus also on support for children / adolescents with SEN and their parents.

The talk formed part of the OCN course” Working with Children and Young People with SEN

For more pictures please visit our Flickr site at https://www.flickr.com/photos/mynwrc/albums/72157690652034135

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)