NWRC students attend Plant and Civil Engineering Awards – North West Regional College

NWRC students attend Plant and Civil Engineering Awards

Two students from North West Regional College have attended the prestigious Plant and Civil Engineering Awards at the Crowne PLaza, Belfast.

Stephen McElwee from the Foundation Degree in Sustainable Construction and Chanelle McCook from the Foundation Degree Civil Engineering made it into the final eight of the All Ireland award, sponsored by global giant, Topcon.

The winner will be revealed at a gala dinner at the Crowne Plaza, Belfast on Thursday, November 23.

John Logue, Curriculum Manager for the Built Environment at North West Regional College said: “During their time at NWRC Chanelle and Stephen excelled in their studies. Chanelle came to NWRC knowing the career she wished to pursue, having firmly selected Level 3 Diploma studies in preference to ‘A’ levels.  Stephen returned to college having worked in the construction trades as a joiner, undertaking an Access Course leading to his Higher Education studies.

“The success of both students underlines the ability of NWRC to accommodate those who wish to successfully pursue a career in the construction professions of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Building Management.”

The Topcon award is open to students working in a civil engineer environment or other associated activities within the construction sector. Each applicant had to demonstrate a high degree of dedication and commitment to their profession and industry with a clear focus on particular career path detailing their current and future goals.

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)