NWRC students receive scholarships from US Navy Alumni Association – North West Regional College

NWRC students receive scholarships from US Navy Alumni Association

Students from North West Regional College have been presented with scholarship awards by the US Navy Alumni Association.

The presentation of the awards at NWRC Strabane Campus marks the tenth anniversary of the Association’s Educational Scholarship Award program with the college.

.

In that time 40 NWRC students have shared in educational awards totaling £10,000

Included in picture are: Back L-R: Gillian Moss, North West Regional College’s Head of Student Services, award winners Lewis Lecky, Darren Harpur, James Devlin, Aileen McGrotty, Lorcan Toner and Diarmuid McCann, John Pollock, NWRC lecturer.  Front L-R: are Mickey Melaugh, Dep Head of Science Technology and Creative Industries at NWRC, Jane Magee, NWRC Lecturer, Mayor of Derry and Strabane District Council, Maolíosa McHugh, and Angela McConnell, Campus Manager, NWRC Strabane.

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)