College lecturers named Tutors of the Year – North West Regional College

College lecturers named Tutors of the Year

Three lecturers from North West Regional College have been named Tutors of the Year at the annual NI Creative & Cultural Skills Awards, which celebrate outstanding work in the creative sector.

NWRC lecturer Liam Craig

They are Michael Poole, drama, Liam Craig, music production and Dominic O’Callaghan, music performance.
For four consecutive years this core of three lecturers have collaborated in extraordinarily ambitious live theatre projects which have been the showcase events of the summer term at NWRC’s Foyle theatre. Sara Graham, Nations Director for Creative & Cultural Skills explained: “The Creative Industries is one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, yet in the eyes of many it is not seen as a viable career option. There is a clear disconnect and lack of awareness about the wide variety of careers on offer within the Creative Industries. We need to look at ways that we can better support young people in this hugely diverse sector to help them realise their ambitions.”

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)