NWRC graduate Damian McGinty lands lead role in movie ‘Santa Fake’

Damian McGinty, who graduated from North West Regional College with a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts, has just announced that he has landed the lead role in the new feature film, Santa Fake, set to be released November 2018.

Damian, a singer, songwriter and actor, previously starred in Glee, The Glee Project,  and was a member of Celtic Thunder.

The Christmas-themed family film will feature Damian in the lead role of Pat Keeley, a young man from Ireland who has emigrated to the United States and finds himself caught up in an escalating whirlwind of shenanigans that takes him from New York to Santa Fe.

Filled with humor and dramatic tension, ultimately the film is a heartwarming tale of the joy of the holiday season and the love we build in the families we create for ourselves.
Santa Fake will reunite Damian with one of his Glee castmates, Heather Morris (Brittany Pierce on Glee), who will play the female lead.

The film will also feature Judd Nelson (The Breakfast Club, Empire, Ben 10: Omniverse), John Rhys-Davies (Indiana Jones series, The Lord of the Rings series), Jeff Fahey (Lost, The Marshal, Texas Rising), as well as several other fan favorites.
Filming for Santa Fake will begin just after Christmas of this year, in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Damian is currently recording the soundtrack for the film before production begins December 27.