Confidence and motivation training for young people at NWRC

Eight students from North West Regional College (NWRC) have just completed a course aimed at building confidence and motivation in young people.

The Prince’s Trust Team Programme is a twelve week course for young people aged between 16 and 24.

(L to R): Susan Chapman (Princes Trust Team Executive), Conor Hassan (Assistant Team Leader), Michael Beattie, Christopher McGeehan, Karen Moore (Head of Department, Training and Skills), Luke McElhinney, Nikyla Love, Sean Curran (Team Leader), Ryan McAllister, and Samantha Traynor (Vice Principal of Curriculum & IS NWRC).

Applications are now being accepted for the next Team Programme course which will begin on Monday, January 15, 2018 at NWRC.

The programme is free and allows participants to gain increased confidence, motivation and employability skills.

During the twelve weeks, participants will be involved in a challenging programme that is delivered in a fun and interactive way. It will also be an opportunity for them to work towards a nationally recognised qualification.

Sean Curran, Team Leader Prince’s Trust, explained that participants do not need to have any previous experience or educational qualifications to take part.

He added: “The entire 12 weeks have been designed with the young people in mind and include a two-week placement that has been tailored for them as individuals.

“The feedback we received from our most recent participants was that they found it very beneficial and they enjoyed the 12-week element to the course which is broken up into learning, residential, team work and work placement.”

The course is open to young people in Derry/Londonderry, Strabane and Limavady.

For more information on the project please contact sean.curran@nwrc.ac.uk (07794215217) or conor.hassan@nwrc.ac.uk (07834304266).

The course is a partnership between NWRC, the Prince’s Trust and the European Social Fund

Tipsukon Cochrane

NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic…
NWRC has a strong academic reputation and it really helps develop and improve your artistic skills. The facilities are fantastic and there is such a great atmosphere between the students […]

Liam Duffy

My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance…
My time at NWRC was such an amazing experience! This course opened so many doors and gave me the chance to apply for lots of degree courses. We were supported […]

Paul Gallagher

The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next…
The Access course I’m studying at the College is challenging but very rewarding! It’s a great foundation for my next career move which I hope to be Marine Biology at […]

Aoife McGrory

It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave…
It was always my desire to achieve a qualification in something I loved & had a talent for. NWRC gave me that opportunity.

Jessica Vance

The lecturers and the resources are just brilliant! I would recommend the college to anyone.