North West Regional College hosts FREE careers roadshow

North West Regional College will host a free careers and employment roadshow at Foyle Arena on Friday, June 15.

Danny Lyttle, Student Event and Liaison Officer, North West Regional College and Stephen Sheridan, Careers Support Officer, NWRC, prepare for this week’s NWRC Career Roadshow which takes place on Friday, June 15 from 12 – 3 p.m. at Foyle Arena. (Picture Martin McKeown).

Running from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.  the event will showcase the courses and opportunities available at the college, and allow visitors the chance to meet with local employers and find out about job opportunities in the region.

There will also be a number of fun events including Virtual Reality games, Surf Simulation, Sports, Food and Live Music.

The event is being supported by a wide range of employers including Errigal Contracts, City Hotel, Garvan O’Doherty group and Fujitsu, who will be giving information on employment prospects in the North West.

Speaking at this week’s launch, Finneen Bradley, Manager of NWRC’s Careers Academy, said this was a vital community event which will allow local people to experience the skills, talents and courses across the college.

She added: “The NWRC Careers Roadshow follows on from our hugely successful E2E Education to Employment Festival from last year. On Friday members of NWRC’s award winning Careers Academy will be available with advice and support on the best path to take for the next step in your career.

“We would like to thank the many employers who are supporting the event and I would encourage as many people as possible to attend this event to discover the key pathways that can move you from education to employment, or progress to the next stage of your career.”

The event takes place at Foyle Arena, Limavady Road, on Friday, June 15 from 12-3 p.m. at Foyle Arena.

All welcome.