Business students get the inside Scoop on ice cream

Business students from North West Regional College are tasting success after collaborating with a Strabane Ice Cream parlour, Café Scoop, as part of their Foundation Degree.  The students, who have just finished their first year on the Foundation Degree in Business and Enterprise, conducted market research for Café Scoop on potential new products, advised on their social media strategy and developed branding for a new product.

Dympna Harley, Curriculum Manager for Business at NWRC, Business student Lucy Brennan, Gearoid Connolly, Cafe Scoop, and Catherine Gormley, Lecturer in Business, NWRC.

Catherine Gormley, NWRC Lecturer in Business said: “Every year, the Foundation Degree Business and Enterprise students Year 1 work on a live brief with a local employer.

“Working with Café Scoop was a win, win situation for both the business and the students. The students got a chance to work with a live growing business and received valuable feedback from the business on their ideas. The business benefited from the student research and ideas. I’d like to thank Café Scoop for working with us on this project.”

If your business is interested in collaborating with the students on a life brief or alternatively you are a student interested in the Foundation degree Business and Enterprise, you can contact Catherine Gormley, Course Director at catherine.gormley@nwrc.ac.uk