Part time courses that lead to a career in Hospitality

Learning opportunities that can provide a direct route into a career in the Hospitality industry will begin at North West Regional College’s campuses in Strand Road and Limavady, this September.

Courses are available on a part-time basis and include the Level 2 and Level 3 in Professional Cookery, Food Safety, Food Production, Bar Service, Level 1 Chocolate Skills, Sugarcraft Flowers and Cake Design and Barista Training.

Hospitality and Catering student Colm Quigley with NWRC Curriculum Manager for Hospitality and Catering Leyonia Davey.

Leyonia Davey, Curriculum Manager for Hospitality at NWRC said: “There is a huge demand for part-time courses as more and more people are looking to take that next step to upskill.

“Over recent years we have also seen others who have a passion and flair for food and drink, sign up for their first course in Hospitality and Catering.

“At NWRC we offer a variety of courses to cover all areas of Hospitality including Cookery, Front of House and Bakery.

“The North West’s hospitality sector is continuing to grow with a blossoming food industry that now has a number of home grown restaurants using local sourced ingredients, serving both the home and visitor market.

“The growth of this market in the last three years has led to a huge demand for skills and real employment opportunities for students,

“Many of our past part time students have gone on to open their own business or progressed to more senior positions on competitive salaries within the sector.”

Working strategically with employers to identify the skills shortage in the market, NWRC have constructed a range of part time courses to ensure that aspiring chefs and catering managers can attain qualifications required by local hoteliers, tourism attractions, restaurants, cafes and bars.

Hospitality and Catering Courses at NWRC are run by a committed and professional team of lecturers in industry standard kitchens with the option of day or evening classes.

Course information is now available to view online at www.nwrc.ac.uk/parttime

The College offers special reduced fees for those who receiving particular benefits, to make its courses as accessible as possible to those on all levels of income.  Those claiming the reduced fee are reminded to bring their benefit evidence when enrolling.