International visitors learn best practice at NWRC – North West Regional College

International visitors learn best practice at NWRC

Representatives from Bulgaria and Kosovo who are visiting the North West as part of an Erasmus Higher Education project have spent three days learning about best practice at North West Regional College.

The International Business College in Mitrovica and its partners within the project ‘Creating Theory to Practice Centers for Innovation and Employment’ (CTPCIE), are in the city to discuss baseline study results as well as to work on Theory to Practice concept (T2P).

The workshops encompass the presentation of the baseline results, lectures on educational and employment policies, and skills gaps and the present best practices from NWRC.

During the workshops participants visited NWRC’s Business Support Centre, whose model will be established  in 6 Higher Education Institutions in Kosovo – IBCM, UHZ, UP, UNPZ, UASF and CEPL.

T2P Coordinators and University representatives from the respective HEIs were given the opportunity to observe how similar centres work and how their staff are engaged in its everyday activities and maintaining relations with enterprises and researchers.

Their mission will be to provide research, develop case studies, maintain the network of experts, and regularly cooperate and coordinate their activities with enterprises.

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)