Google #DigitalGarage returns to NWRC

Following on from the successful Google Garage event in March, North West Regional College is pleased to announce that another training event has been planned for October 23.

Taking place at college’s Flying Clipper restaurant on March 20, this is the second time the event has been brought to the North West by local man Patrick Cutliffe, who now works as a digital trainer with Google.

Following feedback from local businesses that attended the previous event the areas they have requested to focus on for this event are Digital Marketing and Online Advertising.

Pictured at the recent Google Digital Garage hosted by North West Regional College are Kevin Meehan, Technical consultant – ICT & Software Development NWRC, Patrick Cutliffe, Trainer with Google Digital, Maoliosa McHugh, Mayor of Derry and Strabane District Council, and Jennifer McKeever, President of the Londonderry Chamber of Commerce. The event, which was sold out, was arranged to assist local people to grow their digital skills as well as provide training sessions on data analytics and cyber security.
(Picture by Martin McKeown).

As a highly respected lead digital trainer for Google covering the South West of England, Cornwall and Wales, Patrick’s mission was to drive Google’s Digital Garage across the Irish Sea to train businesses and allow them to take advantage of the opportunities on the online world.

Patrick has his own training academy registered in Derry~Londonderry and plans to bring many more Google events to the North West as well as growing his academy internationally and bringing valuable jobs back to the city.

Fergal Tuffy, Technology and Innovation Manager at NWRC’s Business Support Centre said: “We are very excited to be partnering up with Google Digital Garage, a Digital Skills training platform aimed to assist local people in growing their digital skills.
The main aim of this event is to provide advice on how companies can use the web to grow their business and encourage local businesses to compete on the world stage.

North West Regional College encourages local business to register to attend the event on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/google-for-your-business-tickets-50223966235 to secure their place.