NWRC hosts FREE Virtual and Augmented realities workshop

North West Regional College will host an interactive morning looking at the various forms of Virtual and Augmented realities, at its Strand Road Campus on November 14.

As part of BBC Digital Cities, this is the only non-Belfast based event.

This FREE event is your opportunity to explore, hands-on, the applications and possibilities offered by virtual and augmented reality technology. The day will include demonstrations from a range of successful UK and Irish companies on how they use immersive media in filmmaking, VFX, gaming, animation, education, health care, business and advertising, allowing those attending the chance to investigate this emerging technology.

Participating companies include Enter Yes, VRAI, Sentireal, Capita ClassVR, New Red, Pink Kong, BBC (1943 Berlin Blitz VR Experience), NWRC Business Support Centre, and Nuprint.
There will also be workshops on how to create VR and AR content from ClassVR and also Alan Hook, Associate Head of School at Ulster University, specialising in Game Studies and New Media and Play at the University’s Centre for Media Research.

To register for the event log on to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/digital-cities-2018-virtual-and-augmented-realities-at-nwrc-tickets-52002991347

For more information download our Virtual & Augmented Realities event flyer