NWRC hosts Academy Awards

North West Regional College has recognised staff who recently completed courses at their Academy of Excellence at a special ceremony at their Strand Road Campus.

More than 100 staff have undertaken training in a number of areas including Teaching, Employability, Leadership and Quality Improvement.

Vice chair of the College’s Governing Body Gavin Killeen who was special guest at the celebratory event, congratulated the many staff who were presented with their certificates.

Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager at NWRC said: “I’d like to congratulate our many staff who have graduated from the Academy of Excellence.

“To date 101 members of staff have completed Academy courses and all agree that they gained much from the experience. One participant on our teaching courses has told us how the Academy has enhanced her approach to teaching.”

Sinead Milligan and Grainne McCaffrey who completed the Level 4 Leadership course at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence is pictured with Deputy Chair of NWRC’s Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Sean Melody who completed the TAQA & Employability course, and Justin Sterritt who completed the TAQA Employability & Level 4 CIT at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence are pictured with Deputy Chair of NWRC’s Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Sharon McLaughlin who completed the Level 4 Certificate in Project Based Learning at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence is pictured with Deputy Chair of NWRC’s Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Margaret McChrystal, Breidge Johnston, Lisa Taggart and Cara Hegarty who completed the Level 5 Quality improvement course at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence iare pictured with Deputy Chair of NWRC’s Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Peigi Canavan and Elizabeth January who completed the Level 5 Advanced Teaching course at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence are pictured with Deputy Chair of the Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Sharon Wright, Denise McCauley and Finnuala Fox who completed the Level 4 Employability course at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence are pictured with Deputy Chair of the NWRC Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Sylvia Brown, Sean Curran, Kathy Mc Laughlin, Conor Hasson and Caroline Callaghan who completed the Level 4 Certificate in Teaching at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence are pictured with Deputy Chair of the Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.

Joan Casey who completed the Level 4 TAQA course at North West Regional College’s Academy of Excellence is pictured with Deputy Chair of the NWRC Governing Body Gavin Killeen, and Emer O’Sullivan, Teaching & Learning Development Manager.