NWRC students make Art not War

Students and staff from the School of Art at North West Regional College’s, Department of Science, Technology and Creative Industries are taking part in a unique community arts project entitled ‘Make Art not War’.

Staff from Derry City & Strabane District Council are pictured here, receiving the ‘Peace Box’ at the Guildhall from Gaenor Speer, NWRC Curriculum Manager, Sarah Smith, Project Artist in Residence and Chloe Whoriskey, NWRC Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design year one student.

As part of the College’s accreditation with the University of Arts London, the project will see students engaging with the local community to produce drawings, paintings, photographs, Installation pieces, sound/moving image work and designs which reflect responses to the question,  ‘ What does Peace mean to You?’

You can engage with the project to make Art not War at a number of community venues across the City & region, the first of which was launched in the City’s Guildhall on 5th November.

The final works created as part of the project will be completed by February 2019.

For further information on this unique project visit www.makeartnotwar.org.uk or #makeartnotwar