Huge turnout for Hotel Jobs Fair at NWRC

The Holiday Inn Express Jobs Fair which took place at North West Regional College has been described as a huge success.

Students, jobseekers and people from across the North West were among those turned out for the event which was hosted at the college’s Flying Clipper Restaurant.

Hospitality Lecturer John Crowe pictured with Business Executive at NWRC Marc McGerty, Mentoring and Employment Officer at Derry City and Strabane District Council, Eileen McGrinder, HR Manager at Interstate Europe Hotels and Resorts, Douglas McAllister, Holiday Inn Express General Manager, Stephen Redden, NWRC Vice Principal Samantha Traynor, Head of Business, Hospitality, Tourism and Performing Arts at NWRC, Kathleen McCaul, Holiday Inn Express Derry, Sales Manager, Aoife Thomas and NWRC Hospitality students.

Business Executive at NWRC Marc McGerty pictured with Mentoring and Employment Officer at Derry City and Strabane District Council, Eileen McGrinder, Holiday Inn Express General Manager, Stephen Redden, Mayor of DCSDC, John Boyle and NWRC Vice Principal, Samantha Traynor.

North West Regional College Vice Principal Samantha Traynor pictured with Holiday Inn Express General Manager, Stephen Redden, Mayor of DCSDC, John Boyle, Head of Business, Hospitality, Tourism and Performing Arts at NWRC, Kathleen McCaul and Business Executive at NWRC Marc McGerty.

Marc McGerty, Business Development Executive, NWRC explained: “This investment in jobs and in tourism is a great opportunity for the city and wider region.

‘’As part of the NWRC’s economic engagement strategy we are keen to help develop the economy, including supporting local, small businesses and inward investment for global companies.

“Over the past three years, NWRC’S Business Support Centre has helped over 1,000 businesses including training staff and managers, offering specialist consultancy and mentoring in product development and innovation projects.”

“We have an excellent track record delivering pre-employment training.  We work with employers to recruit suitable candidates, we train and upskill these potential employees which gives businesses a pool of candidates to appoint from.

‘’As a result of this successful delivery we are the chosen provider for Danske Bank, Alchemy and Fin Tru.”

Kathleen McCaul, Head of Hospitality and Tourism Department at NWRC added: ‘’We are delighted to see the expansion of jobs within the Hospitality sector within the city and wider region which will open up new career opportunities for our highly trained Hospitality and Tourism students in particular.”

Councillor John Boyle, Mayor of Derry City and Strabane District Council said: ”This is a much welcomed investment for our city and for the wider Northern Ireland region. It’s also a great opportunity for people who wish to create a career in the catering and hospitality sectors.

“We are an area renowned for our rich tourism, culture and heritage offerings. Investment in our tourism product is an integral part of Council’s economic development strategy and we will continue to attract inward investment.”

Stephen Redden, General Manager, Holiday Inn Express added: ‘’We were delighted to work with North West Regional College to host our recruitment open day for the Holiday Inn Express Hotel which will open with 119 bedrooms, bringing over 40 jobs to the city.

‘’We were extremely impressed with the skillset available and look forward to building a passionate and professional team to deliver the very highest standards of quality and service at this exciting new hotel development.

‘’We thank all those who came along to meet with us and also the team at the college for their support in delivering a fantastic event.‘’

If you are interested in a career within hospitality at the Holiday Inn Express, send a covering letter and CV to recruitment.uk@interstatehotels.com or visit https://careers.interstatehotels.co.uk/ for a list of available positions.