NWRC Art students give their ‘Perspective’ on society

An exciting exhibition of work by a group of emerging artists who are currently second year students on the HND Fine Art course at North West Regional College will open at The Playhouse, 5-7 Artillery Street, on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 7pm.

The exhibition, entitled Perspectives, is a collaborative event created and produced by the artists Mary Boucher, Carly Campbell, Sarah McCann, Matthew Hyndman, Connor McFaul and Rebecca Murray.

Works on display provide some fresh perspectives on contemporary art and society and examine subjects ranging from the role of science and evolution to issues concerning fertility, gender stereotyping and other aspects of the human condition.

This exhibition will present the students with a unique opportunity for critical self-reflection, providing both distance from the studio in order for them to gain perspective on their own work and the opportunity to engage with a public audience.

Piece by Matthew Hyndman.

Piece by HND student Mary Boucher.

Piece by Carly Campbell

The exhibition will run until Tuesday 26 February 2019 (excluding Sunday).

Further details can be obtained online through the Playhouse or North West Regional College website or by contacting rebecca.murray@hotmail.co.uk