Huge turnout for NWRC’s Strabane Business Breakfast

North West Regional College (NWRC) has held a successful Business Breakfast event at its Strabane Campus as part of Derry-Strabane Enterprise Week.

Business owners, entrepreneurs and politicians from West Tyrone and the wider area were amongst those who turned out for the event, which was hosted by the college’s Business Support team (BSC), at the Campus’s Learning Resource Centre.

Dr Fergal Tuffy, Technology Innovation Manager at North West Regional College’s Business Support Centre, speaking at the college’s Business Breakfast at Strabane Campus, as part of Derry-Strabane Enterprise Week.

Sharron McCormick of With Love Recipes, and client of North West Regional College’s Foodovation Centre speaking at the college’s business breakfast at Strabane Campus, as part of Derry-Strabane Enterprise Week.

Grainne Hampton, MD of McColgan’s Quality Foods, speaking at the Business Breakfast about the support received from the college as part of Derry-Strabane Enterprise Week.

Laverne O’Donnell, Business and Investment Project Officer at Derry City & Strabane District Council, pictured at NWRC’s Business Breakfast at Strabane Campus.

Pictured at the college’s Business Breakfast event in Strabane campus are Grainne Hampton, McColgan’s, Fergal Tuffy, Technology Innovation Manager at NWRC’s Business Support Centre, Laverne O’Donnell, Business and Investment Project Officer at Derry City & Strabane District Council, and Sharron McCormick, With Love Recipes.

Group pictured at the Strabane Business Breakfast at North West Regional College’s Strabane Campus.

NWRC Business Support colleagues: Marc McGerty (Business Development Executive) Fergal Tuffy (Technology Innovation Manager) Aoife Curran (Marketing) Stella Graham (Foodovation Manager) Connor Adair (Foodovation Placement student) Kevin Meehan (Technical Consultant ICT/Software Development) and Holly Johnstone (Business Development Assistant) pictured at the college’s Business Breakfast event in Strabane campus.

Speaking about the event, Fergal Tuffy, Technology Innovation Manager at NWRC’s Business Support Centre said: “We were delighted with the huge turnout for the event at our Strabane Campus.

“It was particularly beneficial to hear at first hand how support from the college’s Business Support Centre has helped Strabane based businesses ‘With Love Recipes’ and ‘McColgan’s.’

“Hopefully these two businesses can inspire other entrepreneurs and businesses to contact NWRC to see what help we can provide.”

‘We would also like to thank the many stakeholders who came along, including Derry City and Strabane District Council, Invest Northern Ireland, Strabane Enterprise, and Strabane Chamber.

“We believe that continuing to take this collaborative approach will assist existing businesses to survive and grow and encourage anyone with a new idea to take the first steps into business.”

Dr Tuffy encouraged anyone looking for support to contact the NWRC BSC and hear what opportunities are available:

“There are numerous programmes that we can assist businesses to leverage such as the Department for the Economy’s InnovateUs and Skills Focus programmes and Invest NI’s innovation voucher programme,” he said.

‘’Get in touch with us and we’ll happily call out to you to discuss your needs and hopefully we’ll be able to identify a few ways that we and the other stakeholders can help and put you on the path to sustaining and growing your business.”

For more information contact businesssupport@nwrc.ac.uk or ring 02871276170.

You can also visit the website at http://bsc.nwrc.ac.uk/