Great British Barbering Bash at NWRC Limavady

Two global award winning Barbers have held a masterclass in Barbering at North West Regional College’s (NWRC) Limavady Campus.

Famos and Hayden Cassidy, both renowned barbers and international barbering educators, spent the evening at the college giving a presentation on the latest cuts and trends as part of the Great British Barbering Bash.

The event was attended by a range of students studying Level 2 and Level 3 courses in Hairdressing and Beauty at NWRC, students from South West College, employers and members of the public.

Scott “Famos’ Ramos is a master barber, entrepreneur and artist that has been making waves in the barbering world since 2009, while Irish Barber Leah Hayden Cassidy is famous for her barbershop work covering everything from fades to shaves to afro cuts

Cara Hegarty, Curriculum Manager thanked Famos and Hayden for their visit to the college.

She said: “This was a fantastic evening, packed with energy and inspiration.

“The Great British Barbering Bash has been an opportunity for our students at the college to see work by two Barbers who are at the top of their game.

“Our key aim at NWRC is to develop the employability skills of our students, many of whom have gone on to open their own business and succeed in the field of Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy and Barbering.

“This event comes just weeks after the college hosted our Creative Glamour Hair and Beauty showcase featuring some exceptional work by our current group of students.

“We are confident that the Great British Barbering Bash has been a real inspiration them.”

NWRC offers a huge number of courses in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy. For more information log on to www.nwrc.ac.uk

Barber Hayden Cassidy pictured at the Great British Barbering event at North West Regional College’s Limavady campus.

Barber Famos pictured at the Great British Barbering event at North West Regional College’s Limavady campus.

The audience pictured at the Great British Barbering event at North West Regional College’s Limavady campus.

NWRC Curriculum Manager Cara Hegarty pictured at the Great British Barbering Event with Hayden Cassidy, Famos, Gary Spence and model Lukas Condren.