Meet the NWRC Women of Distinction

A class of business students at North West Regional College have all passed their exams with distinction.

The all-female class on the OCR Level 4 Higher Diploma in Administration (Business Professional) with ICT, which is offered on both a full and part time basis at Strand Road Campus, recorded the high level results in their Financial Record Keeping Module, with three of the group achieving a maximum 100% grade.

Business Lecturer Ann Marie Scullion said the high standard of results from the class reflected both the hard working ethos of the students, coupled with the dedicated teaching from NWRC staff.

She added: “We are delighted that all ten of our students on this particular course passed with distinction.

“The OCR level 4 is a rewarding and advantageous course that has allowed many of our students to move into employment or further their careers through promotion with their current company.

“The course covers a number of modules including: working in a senior administrative role, supervising a team of staff, presenting complex business information, manual business accounts, analysing financial information, training and developing staff, presenting business information, applying legislation affecting organisations, working in an administration team, chairing a meeting, supporting recruitment and selection procedures, organising an event, and enhancing ICT skills along with LCCI Level 3 Text Production qualification.

“It’s a very practical, hands on qualification, covering a range of supervisory and senior administrator work roles. A high percentage of our students go on to gain employment and others have progressed to part-time Degree programmes. “

Ciara McEleney, one of the students on the course said: “I applied for the OCR Level 4 Higher Diploma In Administrative Procedures with ICT at North West Regional College in order to increase my qualifications in the Business area, which I felt would not only build my confidence to compete within the labour market, but increase my employability rating within that market and be advantageous in my future career path.

“This course provides a mix of practical application and theory appropriate for Administrative Assistants, PAs, Officers and Executive Officers, such is the range it covers.  I graduated with my Level 4 Certificate in October and returned to top up to the full diploma – one of my best decisions.

“The course has been so rewarding and I set out to achieve more than I originally set out to do, with much appreciation for the college and help I was offered there.”

For more information on Business courses at NWRC – log on to www.nwrc.ac.uk/business

North West Regional College will officially publish their 19/20 part time course guide in May 2019. For more information follow the college’s social media sites on @mynwrc