NWRC Strabane links with local schools

Post primary pupils from across the Strabane area who attended North West Regional College as part of the School Links Programme have been presented with their Vocational Qualifications.

The students, from Holy Cross College, Knockavoe, Strabane Academy and EOTAS, studied courses at NWRC, alongside their academic studies in school, earning qualifications in Hospitality and Catering, Business and Administration, Music Technology, Children’s Care Learning and Development, Computer Aided Design, Electrical, Hairdressing, Joinery, and Motor Vehicle studies.

Recipients of the Level 1 Catering certificates at the Strabane School Links presentation were: Hayden Bailey, Charlie Bullough, Keagan Diver, Colette Donaghey and Callum Nicholas. Also pictured is Kate Duffy, Head of HR and Learner Services at North West Regional College and Anne Cunningham, NWRC Strabane.

Recipients of the Level 2 Certificates in Music Technology at the Strabane School Links presentation were: Rory Campbell, Jed Conwell, Kiernan Kelly, Charlie McCabe, Paul McMenamin, Meadbh NiReannachain and Bethany Patton. They are pictured with Deputy Head of Training and Skills at North West Regional College John Cartin.

Recipients of the Level 2 Certificates in Business and Administration at the Strabane School Links presentation were: Kevin Cassidy and Joseph Kerlin. The are pictured with North West Regional College lecturer Jennifer Hogg.

Francie Doherty receives his Level 2 Certificate in Occupational Studies in Computer Aided Design from John Cartin, Department Head of Training and Skills at North West Regional College.

Recipients of the First Certificate Children’s Care, Learning and Development at the Strabane School Links presentation are Elle Cooke, Courtney Hamilton, Beth McBride Collins, Kiinga Trzecka and Sinead Quinn. Also pictured are North West Regional College lecturers Amy Blee and Donna O’Connor.

Recipients of the Level 2 Certificates in Occupational Studies in Motor Vehicle at the Strabane School Links presentation are Luke Chisolm, Luke Conwell, Jamie Donaghey, Alec McGarrigle, Aaron McManus, Robert Nelson, Oran Duffy and Gerald McDaid. They are pictred with North West Regional College lecturers Cathal McLaughlin and Uel Murphy

Staff from North West Regional College pictured with representatives from local schools at the Strabane School Links presentation.

Recipients of the Level 2 Certificate in Occupational Studies in Hairdressing at the Strabane School Links presentation are Aimee Coyle, Janine McCay, Rebecca McColgan and Molly Kate McGavigan, with North West Regional College lecturer Sharon Wright.

Recipients of the Level 1 Catering certificates at North West Regional College’s Strabane School Links presentation were: Hayden Bailey, Charlie Bullough, Keagan Diver, Colette Donaghey and Callum Nicholas. Also pictured are Kathleen McCaul, Head of Business, Hospitality, Tourism and Performing Arts at NWRC and lecturer Carolyn McKinney

Kate Duffy, Director of Human Resources and Learner Services at NWRC said: “At Strabane Campus we offer a warm welcome to everyone, especially pupils from our local schools. North West Regional College is very proud of our partnerships with local schools and we are delighted with the continued success of the School Links programme.

“NWRC offers a wide range of vocational qualifications to post primary school pupils at our campuses in Strabane, Strand Road, Springtown, Greystone and Limavady. These qualifications are designed to provide pupils with a vocational qualification in their selected areas, alongside their GCSE studies.

“The pupils attend the college one day per week and have found this very beneficial in assisting them to gain an insight into a career path they may not have considered beforehand and to prepare them for further education. I’d like to wish them all every success with their future careers.

“I would also like to thank Derg Mourne Learning Community and all schools involved in collaboration with NWRC.”

For further information on courses at NWRC visit www.nwrc.ac.uk