NWRC wins excellence gong at Inspire Workplace awards

North West Regional College has won the Excellence in Public Sector Workplace Wellbeing award at the Inspire Workplaces awards.

The event was organised to recognise the efforts made by many organisations that go the extra mile to safeguard and nurture the mental health and wellbeing of employees.

The awards ceremony, which is in its second year, took place in the Crowne Plaza Hotel and was hosted by legendary broadcaster Wendy Austin and special guest, GAA Legend Oisin McConville.

John Conaghan, Director of Professional Services at Inspire said:

“We are thrilled to have hosted these awards and acknowledge the organisations that are going above and beyond the call of duty to promote staff strength and wellbeing at work. The awards are a celebration of those workplaces across NI who are investing in the wellbeing of their staff. The award nominees came from all sectors from right across the region. They are a showcase of special places to work, where it really is ok not to be ok and wellbeing is the top of the agenda”

“We are especially pleased to award the Lifetime Achievement Award to the Northern Ireland Civil Service. NICS have been working in partnership with Inspire Workplaces for over 13 years and have shown an unwavering and, indeed increasing, commitment to the mental wellbeing of their staff team. With such a diverse workforce it is both important and impressive to see a strong commitment to employee wellbeing clearly and publically demonstrated from the very top of NICS and it was our genuine pleasure to present them with this well-deserved award.”