Your Future Starts at NWRC Limavady – North West Regional College

Your Future Starts at NWRC Limavady

It’s a time for big decisions. You’ve just received your GCSE or A Level results and taking the next step can feel daunting.

Choices made in the next weeks can be among the most important you’ll ever make in your life – and staff at North West Regional College’s Limavady Campus are here to help.

Luke McCloskey, Campus Manager at NWRC Limavady Main Street and Greystone, has issued a welcome to anyone unsure about their future to come along to the college’s Results Days in Limavady on Thursday 22nd August: 10am – 4:00pm, Friday 23rd August: 10am – 4:00pm and Tuesday 27th August: 10am – 4:00pm.

He explained: “There are a huge number of students currently examining their options. If you’ve just finished your GCSEs you may be considering going to college or enrolling on an Apprenticeship. If you’ve done your A-Levels, you may be considering a University course, Apprenticeships or entering the world of work.

“Or perhaps you’re not sure what you want to do next and find it difficult to picture your future. That’s where we can help you work it out.

“Our award winning Careers Team are now widely recognised as providing the best Careers Advice in the UK, after winning the prestigious Beacon Award.  And we’d urge all students to come in and speak to our specialist careers advisers who can help you make an informed decision about the best way forward. Our Careers Advice is open to everyone.

“The Limavady and Greystone Campus at NWRC has a long and successful record in supporting local students on their education journey.

“Our new courses from September will include Level 3 (the equivalent of 3 A Levels) full-time options in Medical Science, IT & Business, Uniformed Services, Sport (IFA Football Coaching Academy) , Fitness Services (including Level 3 Personal Trainer Certificate), and A Levels in Health & Social Care, Life & Health Sciences and Biology.  We also will offer new part-time courses which include Certificate for Accounting Technicians, Pharmacist Technician, Level 2 Diploma for Veterinary Care Assistants, Level 3 Diploma for Children’s Care, Learning & Development (Classroom Assistants), Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing, Level 3 Sports Massage, and VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). “

NWRC offers a wide range of Job focused Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma courses (equivalent of 3 A Levels), in Art and Design, Construction, Hospitality, Science, Media, Sport, Health & Social Care, Early Years (Childcare), Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Business, and Computing and I.T.

In addition, the Apprenticeship route is becoming more attractive for young people. As an apprentice, young people gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst earning a wage, combining practical ‘hands-on’ experience with academic knowledge.

At NWRC Limavady and Greystone, students can pursue Apprenticeships in Carpentry and Joinery, Wall and Floor Tiling, Brickwork, Fabrication and Welding, Painting and Decorating, Interior Systems, Motor-Vehicle and Electro Services.

For Post A-Level student NWRC Limavady also offers number of Higher Education (University Standard) including HNDs in Art &Design, HNCs in Sociality and Community Work, and Healthcare Practice, and HNCs and HNDs in Creative Media Production.

Limavady Campus is also a committed provider of Adult Education offering the University Access Diploma in Combined Studies, and offers a wide range of part time courses.

Luke McCloskey continued: “Our Limavady and Greystone Campus offers a supportive and inclusive learning environment, with support from qualified staff every step of the way

“You can follow in the footsteps of previous students who have progressed to employment or higher education. Why not make a start now by contacting us? Your future can start right here!”

The best way to discover if we can help you achieve your ambitions is to visit our 2019 RESULTS DAYS.

These will be held in our Limavady Campus on:

• Thursday 22nd August: 10am – 4:00pm
  • Friday 23rd August: 10am – 4:00pm
  • Tuesday 27thAugust: 10am – 4:00pm

More detail here:

http://www.nwrc.ac.uk/event/nwrc-august-clearing-days/