Your future starts at NWRC Strabane – North West Regional College

Your future starts at NWRC Strabane

It’s a time for big decisions. You’ve just received your GCSE or A Level results and taking the next step can feel daunting.

Choices made in the next weeks can be among the most important you’ll ever make in your life – and staff at North West Regional College’s Strabane Campus are here to help.

Current and former students of NWRC Strabane showcase some of the courses available at NWRC’s Derry Road Campus in Strabane.

Gillian Moss, Campus Manager at NWRC Strabane, has issued a welcome to anyone unsure about their future to come along to the college’s Results Days in Strabane on Thursday 22nd August: 10am – 4:00pm, Friday 23rd August: 10am – 4:00pm and Tuesday 27th August: 10am – 4:00pm.

She explained: “There are a huge number of students currently examining their options. If you’ve just finished your GCSEs you may be considering going to college or enrolling on an Apprenticeship. If you’ve done your A-Levels, you may be considering a University course, Apprenticeships or entering the world of work.

“Or perhaps you’re not sure what you want to do next and find it difficult to picture your future. That’s where we can help you work it out.

“Our award winning Careers Team are now widely recognised as providing the best Careers Advice in the UK, after winning the prestigious Beacon Award.  And we’d urge all students to come in and speak to our specialist careers advisers who can help you make an informed decision about the best way forward. Our Careers Advice is open to everyone.

“The Strabane Campus at NWRC has a long and successful record in supporting local students on their education journey.”

NWRC offers a wide range of Job focused Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma courses (equivalent of 3 A Levels), in Sport, Health & Social Care, Early Years (Childcare), Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy, Business, and Computing and I.T.

In addition, the Apprenticeship route is becoming more attractive for young people. As an apprentice, young people gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst earning a wage, combining practical ‘hands-on’ experience with academic knowledge.

At Strabane students can pursue Apprenticeships in Horticulture, Health and Social Care or Carpentry and Joinery.

Our Strabane Campus offers a supportive and inclusive learning environment, with support from qualified staff every step of the way

You can follow in the footsteps of previous students who have progressed to employment or higher education.

Strabane Campus is also committed provider of Adult Education offering the University Access Diploma in Health and Welfare, and offers a wide range of part time courses.

Gillian Moss continued: “Strabane Campus has placed itself firmly in the heart of this community, not only through our Academic standards, but also our commitment to community involvement.

“Last October pupils from St Catherine’s Primary School in Strabane teamed up with students from NWRC to create hay sculptures based on characters from the popular children’s books ‘Room on the Broom’ and ‘Harry Potter’ in the run up to the Halloween celebrations.

“In 2019 the college was delighted to be the official education partner of the Strabane Summer Jamm, as well as hosting the PEACE IV Design Thinking initiative where young people from the area were challenged to put forward creative and innovative ways to regenerate the area.

“This year we launched a new partnership with Strabane Jobs and benefits office to create a Community Hub for the unemployed.  Through the award winning NWRC Careers Academy, Strabane campus will deliver their Inspire Programme and help develop employability skills for those in search of employment.

“Our students consistently achieve outstanding results at NWRC Strabane and we maintain close links with a range of local employers. We offer a supportive learning environment which will enable you to gain the confidence and qualification you need to take the next step in your careers.

“Why not make a start now by contacting us? Your future can start right here!”

The best way to discover if we can help you achieve your ambitions is to visit our 2019 RESULTS DAYS.

These will be held in our Strabane Campus on:

• Thursday 22nd August: 10am – 4:00pm
  • Friday 23rd August: 10am – 4:00pm
  • Tuesday 27thAugust: 10am – 4:00pm