NWRC appoints Business Skills Manager

North West Regional College’s (NWRC) Business Support Centre has appointed a Business Skills Manager.

Sinead Hawkins brings a wealth of experience from the International Education sector and over 25 years of experience in senior management.

As the Business Skills Manager at NWRC, she is responsible for managing and directing economic engagement with small and medium sized enterprises to provide skills development solutions, tailored to business needs.

Business Skills Manager at North West Regional College, Sinead Hawkins.

She also helps to promote the Assured Skills Academy and Higher Level Apprenticeship programmes offered by the Department for Economy.

Having previously worked as a NWRC part-time lecturer in Business, and with many connections with local enterprises Sinead will hit the ground running.

She said: “I am delighted to join the Business Support team in NWRC. I am excited to collaborate with local businesses and create opportunities for up-skilling of their staff. With Brexit looming, Businesses need to adapt, change and become much better, both at local and also at an international level. The NWRC can help to support businesses through this by developing skills and strengthening their operations”.

A former pupil of St Cecilia’s College, Sinead graduated from Liverpool John Moore’s University in 1998 with a BA (Hons) Business Studies (specialising in Marketing) and City & Guilds Licentiateship. She also completed a Post Grad CIM in marketing and more recently CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing.
One example that businesses can avail of from the NWRC Business Support Centre is Skills Focus Training which is 75% funded by the Department of the Economy. To qualify for this you need to have less than 250 staff and have a training need at Level 2 or above that can be filled by any of our part-time courses. If you want to find out more about this or to get a free needs analysis please contact: sinead.hawkins@nwrc.ac.uk/ 07809100689. Check out http://bsc.nwrc.ac.uk/