NWRC to host intellectual property event – North West Regional College

NWRC to host intellectual property event

North West Regional College’s (NWRC) Product Design Centre will host a FREE Intellectual Property (IP) event at its Greystone Campus, offering entrepreneurs and companies the opportunity to find out how they can harness their IP and protect their ideas.

The event will run from 12 p.m. to 1.30 p.m. on Tuesday 24th September.

Fergal Tuffy, Technology Innovation Manager at NWRC Business Support Centre explained: ‘’Entrepreneurs and companies are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of protecting their intellectual property, be it in the form of patents, copyrights and trademarks which have the potential to earn people recognition or benefit financially from their ideas.

Dr. Fergal Tuffy, Technology Innovation Manager, NWRC BSC.

‘’This event will provide some insight from one of the island’s leading IP specialists, FR Kelly, on how to harness your IP and advice on protecting your ideas. It will also give information on our Product Design Centre and ways that it can help entrepreneurs and companies realise their ideas, as well as a tour of the state-of-the-art facilities at the Centre.

‘’Speakers from Invest Northern Ireland and Causeway Coast and Glens Council will also provide an overview of support programmes available from both organisations and Amplifi Solutions will give some advice on R&D tax credits.’’

The event will close with a light lunch and includes networking opportunities as well as discussing your ideas on a 1:1 basis.

To register for this FREE event log on to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/intellectual-property-clinic-tickets-71512871925

For more information about the Intellectual Property event, email businesssupport@nwrc.ac.uk or call 02871276170

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)