NWRC Foodovation Client nominated for prestigious award – North West Regional College

NWRC Foodovation Client nominated for prestigious award

North West Regional College (NWRC) Foodovation Centre client, SoGoodJuice, has been nominated for a prestigious health and fitness award.

The Derry juice company has been nominated for ‘Health and Fitness Product of the Year’ for its locally produced wheatgrass, turmeric, beetroot and ginger health shots at the Northern Ireland Health and Fitness Awards.

Owner of SoGoodJuice, Gerard Curran, pictured with NWRC Foodovation Manager, Stella Graham.

NWRC Foodovation Centre Manager, Stella Graham, added: ’We’re absolutely delighted that Gerard has been recognised by the Northern Ireland Health and Fitness Awards. He approached Foodovation for support to develop his products and worked with Foodovation Technical consultants and staff to develop them and bring to them market using both DfE Innovate Us and Invest NI innovation voucher funding support. He was a pleasure to work with and I can think of no-one more deserving. I wish him all the very best of luck on Saturday night.”

Owner of SoGoodJuice, Gerard Curran, explained: ‘’I’m delighted that our locally produced health shots are being recognised at a national level. Our shots are great for people who are looking to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle as they help boost the immune system and increase energy levels.

‘’The majority of our clients take our health shots to treat more specific ailments such as inflammation of the joints and skin conditions. Due to the natural ingredients used in our shots they’re also great for an array of health issues. Over the years we have had so much positive feedback about how our shots have had a positive impact on many ailments and illnesses

‘’Our shots our stocked locally in Derry at all Paul’s Butchers Outlets as well as Maiden City Butchers. McAtamney’s Traditional Butchers have our products stocked in all their stores throughout Northern Ireland and this includees Belfast which is our furthest outlet.

‘’In Donegal we have them stocked in Gallagher’s Meats, Buncrana, McColgan’s Butchers, Muff, Circle K, Lifford, Joyce’s Centra, Clonmany and Norrie’s Coffee Shop, Moville. We also have stockists in Strabane at McFadden’s Newsagents & McCauley’s Spar. In Dungiven we have them stocked in McNichol’s Eurospar and McKay’s Butcher’s in Ballycastle.’’

The prestigious awards ceremony is due to take place on Saturday September 22 in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Belfast.

For more information about NWRC’s Foodovation Centre email foodovation@nwrc.ac.uk or call 02871276408

Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT Practitioners

Programming for Apps, websites and devices is something that I wanted to specialise in, but when I started doing A-Levels at school I realised that I wasn’t getting the opportunity to specialise my career in the way I had hoped. So when I discovered that this course at NWRC offered a pathway onto a degree in Computer Science I jumped at the chance!”

NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery

I studied Engineering at University for three years before I realised it wasn’t what I wanted to do. So I decided to follow my passion and become a chef. That’s why I applied to NWRC.

NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery

Access Diploma in Combined Studies

The support I received at NWRC was exceptional. The lecturers understood my needs and spotted my potential early on. The atmosphere was entirely different from what I expected. Everyone was so inspiring.

Access Diploma in Combined Studies

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business

Business is a great course for students who want to work as a Marketing Director, Administration or plan to open up their own business in the future. It gives you the opportunity to see how it works at all ends of the business spectrum.

Foundation Degree in International Travel and Tourism Management

I gained valuable industry experience and loved every minute of it. Studying Travel and Tourism at NWRC has definitely altered the course of my life and helped shape me into the person that I am today.