NWRC Foodovation Client nominated for prestigious award

North West Regional College (NWRC) Foodovation Centre client, SoGoodJuice, has been nominated for a prestigious health and fitness award.

The Derry juice company has been nominated for ‘Health and Fitness Product of the Year’ for its locally produced wheatgrass, turmeric, beetroot and ginger health shots at the Northern Ireland Health and Fitness Awards.

Owner of SoGoodJuice, Gerard Curran, pictured with NWRC Foodovation Manager, Stella Graham.

NWRC Foodovation Centre Manager, Stella Graham, added: ’We’re absolutely delighted that Gerard has been recognised by the Northern Ireland Health and Fitness Awards. He approached Foodovation for support to develop his products and worked with Foodovation Technical consultants and staff to develop them and bring to them market using both DfE Innovate Us and Invest NI innovation voucher funding support. He was a pleasure to work with and I can think of no-one more deserving. I wish him all the very best of luck on Saturday night.”

Owner of SoGoodJuice, Gerard Curran, explained: ‘’I’m delighted that our locally produced health shots are being recognised at a national level. Our shots are great for people who are looking to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle as they help boost the immune system and increase energy levels.

‘’The majority of our clients take our health shots to treat more specific ailments such as inflammation of the joints and skin conditions. Due to the natural ingredients used in our shots they’re also great for an array of health issues. Over the years we have had so much positive feedback about how our shots have had a positive impact on many ailments and illnesses

‘’Our shots our stocked locally in Derry at all Paul’s Butchers Outlets as well as Maiden City Butchers. McAtamney’s Traditional Butchers have our products stocked in all their stores throughout Northern Ireland and this includees Belfast which is our furthest outlet.

‘’In Donegal we have them stocked in Gallagher’s Meats, Buncrana, McColgan’s Butchers, Muff, Circle K, Lifford, Joyce’s Centra, Clonmany and Norrie’s Coffee Shop, Moville. We also have stockists in Strabane at McFadden’s Newsagents & McCauley’s Spar. In Dungiven we have them stocked in McNichol’s Eurospar and McKay’s Butcher’s in Ballycastle.’’

The prestigious awards ceremony is due to take place on Saturday September 22 in the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Belfast.

For more information about NWRC’s Foodovation Centre email foodovation@nwrc.ac.uk or call 02871276408