NWRC students create 40th birthday cake for Parenting NI – North West Regional College

NWRC students create 40th birthday cake for Parenting NI

Students from the Hospitality Department at NWRC have created a beautiful bespoke wedding cake for Parenting NI, as they mark their 40th birthday.

Forty years ago Parenting NI (formerly Parents Advice Centre) was established by a group of dedicated volunteers to support parents in Northern Ireland. The charity has continued to grow over the years, delivering a range of high-quality services that have been specifically developed and tailored to meet the needs of parents.

On Friday the group held a  celebration event in The Parlor with Strabane Community Project on Friday 11th October with parents in the area. We are incredibly grateful to North West Regional College, who got their students involved in baking a birthday cake for us to enjoy with parents at the event.”

John Crowe, Co-ordinator of the Professional Chef’s Diploma at North West Regional College, said:

“Our Hospitality students were honoured to be given the opportunity to create this week cake and I have been extremely impressed with the hard work they have put in, to not only design the cake but also in creating it to such a high standard.

“The college is delighted to support Parenting NI as they mark this major milestone in their history.”

John Crowe, Co-ordinator of the Professional Chef Diploma and Hospitality Lecturer at North West Regional College presents the 40th birthday cake created by students of the college to Cahir Murray and Muriel Bailey of Parenting NI.