£5,500 a year scholarship for NWRC student – North West Regional College

£5,500 a year scholarship for NWRC student

Former North West Regional College student Deabhona McElhinney has been awarded JP McManus’s All-Ireland Scholarships worth £5,500 a year.

Deabhona McElhinney pictured with NWRC principal and chief executive Leo Murphy.

Deabhona, who studied the Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (the equivalent of three A-Levels)  is currently in the first year of a degree at Ulster University at Magee.

The JP McManus Scholarship programme has been running since 2008 to support gifted students further their education. Each year 125 scholarships are awarded to students from the 32 counties.

Each recipient receives financial support for the duration of their third level studies.

To date, 1,496 students have been awarded scholarship and 905 have graduated from university.