£5,500 a year scholarship for NWRC student – North West Regional College

£5,500 a year scholarship for NWRC student

Former North West Regional College student Deabhona McElhinney has been awarded JP McManus’s All-Ireland Scholarships worth £5,500 a year.

Deabhona McElhinney pictured with NWRC principal and chief executive Leo Murphy.

Deabhona, who studied the Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT (the equivalent of three A-Levels)  is currently in the first year of a degree at Ulster University at Magee.

The JP McManus Scholarship programme has been running since 2008 to support gifted students further their education. Each year 125 scholarships are awarded to students from the 32 counties.

Each recipient receives financial support for the duration of their third level studies.

To date, 1,496 students have been awarded scholarship and 905 have graduated from university.

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)