NWRC and CFM scoop Best Apprentice Scheme award – North West Regional College

NWRC and CFM scoop Best Apprentice Scheme award

North West Regional College (NWRC) and Combined Facilities Management (CFM) have jointly been presented the award for ‘Best Apprenticeship Scheme’ at the National Housing Maintenance Forum Conference.

CFM and NWRC were commended for their delivery of excellent apprenticeship schemes with particular recognition for a new Maintenance Operations Apprenticeship which acknowledges retention and clear career progression at the end of the scheme.

Sinead Milligan, Employer Liaison Officer, NWRC; Joe Keenan, Contracts Director, CFM; Aine McNicholl, Project Manager CFM.

The awards ceremony, which was recently held in Birmingham, recognises success and ingenuity within the housing sector.

Damian McErlain, Operational Development Manager, CFM added: “We were thrilled to pick up the NHMF 2020 Award for ‘Best Apprenticeship Scheme’ in partnership with North West Regional College. We are delighted to get this National recognition for our work in developing the CFM Training Academy alongside our ‘Maintenance Operations’ apprenticeship route with NWRC.  We are continually striving for innovation in developing our people and their skills in order to deliver to our clients across Northern Ireland and beyond.

“Our partnership with NWRC and the academic training they have brilliantly delivered demonstrates the power of blended learning both on site with our experienced Operations Team and within the NWRC environment. CFM see this as the lifeblood of our future workforce and hope to further develop the initiative in years to come.”

Sinead Milligan, Employer Liaison Officer, NWRC said:  “We have excellent industry links throughout Northern Ireland and have developed strong partnerships with our employers – CFM is an exemplary example this. Our commitment to delivering quality Apprenticeships and fulfilling industry skills gaps is paramount; it is wonderful when this is recognised at a National level.”

In 2018, CFM partnered with NWRC to deliver an innovative apprenticeship route in ‘Maintenance-Operations.’ Through the partnership with NWRC, CFM are tackling the skills shortages facing the Social Housing repairs industry while providing apprentice opportunities from trade-based learning right through to Chartered Construction Management status.

Building on CFM’s already existing people-centric development and training programs, their in-house Training Academy coupled with NWRC’s expertise goes beyond traditional apprenticeships with fully supervised practical training-rooms, and an E Learning Studio ensuring apprentices are immersed in blended learning.

Latest Posts