Partnership with Foyle Hospice – North West Regional College

Partnership with Foyle Hospice

The College has agreed to renew the partnership with Foyle Hospice to help students suffering severe hardship to access essential clothing, or other items, free of charge from Foyle Hospice shops in Derry~Londonderry, Limavady and Strabane. Staff from each campus will be encouraged to donate various items which will be collated and stored, ready for collection. All items will be collected by Foyle Hospice at each campus and distributed to the local shops in Derry~Londonderry, Limavady and Strabane. All items will be weighed and vouchers will be provided to each campus based on the value of the items provided therefore the more we donate, the more vouchers we will have to support students. The vouchers will be available at each campus.

Students who are experiencing hardship and require essential items will be able to access vouchers from designated staff.   Therefore every single item donated to Foyle Hospice will impact hugely on the welfare of our students who are in a difficult position.

The drop-off points at each campus and nominated staff members are as follows:

• Strabane Campus – Reception

Patrick Stewart, Employability Officer

• Derry~Londonderry Campus – Strand Building, Room B102

Shannon Doherty, Safeguarding Officer

• Limavady Campus – Limavady Main Reception

Lynne Kelly-Carton, Senior Administrator, Careers

Thank you for your support. This will enable students to receive the support that they need to help make their experience at the College as stress free as possible.

Latest Posts