Our course is exactly the same as if it was in the classroom – North West Regional College

Our course is exactly the same as if it was in the classroom

NWRC Lecturer in Digital Design James McGarrigle is continuing all timetables classes with his Year 1 and 2 HNC/D Digital Design students by meeting via video conference (Program – Zoom)

James said: “We are able to go through and discuss the delivery of all semester 2 units.  We can also share screens to critique all creative work produced as a group and also individually as a private meeting.
“Sharing the screen, I can also continue workshops of Adobe software to the entire class.
“All recurring meetings like this have been set up until the start of June.  Work will be submitted digitally when the deadline is due.
“This Digital Design course lends itself really effectively to remote learning via video conference.  Each student has sufficient online access to complete the rest of this course.”

FEEDBACK FROM STUDENTS

Cathair Kerrigan -HND Digital Design

“With the current health concerns, it has been really helpful as it allows us to keep up with our course and not fall behind while during the quarantine and being able to edit work based on critique immediately for feedback is really useful. Also saves on petrol money daily”

Danielle McCutcheon -HND Digital Design
“It’s good because we can do our course exactly the same as if in the classroom, but from the comfort of home. Having the meetings ensures we keep up to date with deadlines and motivates me to produce work knowing we have a group meeting 3 times a week and the option for 1 to 1 individual meetings at any point”

Caileigh Loughran -HND Digital Design
“I’m so thankful to be studying a course where online learning isn’t stressful or a worry of mine. Everything has been made really simple & our tutors are more than helpful, overall it’s been a great experience so far.”

Orlagh McCloskey -HND Digital Design
“so far online learning has been going really well for our class. the regular zoom meetings give a bit of structure to my week and help me stay on track with work, as well as getting feedback and a discussion with everyone else!”

Keelan McElhinney -HND Digital Design
“Find it useful because having everyone in the one place for critiquing and getting advice on work helps, and it makes working at my own pace a little easier”

Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT Practitioners

Programming for Apps, websites and devices is something that I wanted to specialise in, but when I started doing A-Levels at school I realised that I wasn’t getting the opportunity to specialise my career in the way I had hoped. So when I discovered that this course at NWRC offered a pathway onto a degree in Computer Science I jumped at the chance!”

NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery

I studied Engineering at University for three years before I realised it wasn’t what I wanted to do. So I decided to follow my passion and become a chef. That’s why I applied to NWRC.

NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery

Access Diploma in Combined Studies

The support I received at NWRC was exceptional. The lecturers understood my needs and spotted my potential early on. The atmosphere was entirely different from what I expected. Everyone was so inspiring.

Access Diploma in Combined Studies

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business

Business is a great course for students who want to work as a Marketing Director, Administration or plan to open up their own business in the future. It gives you the opportunity to see how it works at all ends of the business spectrum.

Foundation Degree in International Travel and Tourism Management

I gained valuable industry experience and loved every minute of it. Studying Travel and Tourism at NWRC has definitely altered the course of my life and helped shape me into the person that I am today.