STUDY HEALTH COURSES AT STRABANE – WE DID! – North West Regional College

STUDY HEALTH COURSES AT STRABANE – WE DID!

Louise Parkhill and Lorraine Griffin completed the Level 3 extended diploma in Health Studies at NWRC Strabane and are now both working as nurses.

Louise said: “I found the course after talking to the Careers Service at NWRC, Strand Road. Afterwards I studied Adult Nursing at Liverpool John Moore’s university and I’m now working on a clinical pharmacology ward in Liverpool Royal Hospital where our ward has been turned into a fully red covid 19 ward.

“This course gave me a great base knowledge before going to university, which give me an advantage on others on my course who had come straight to University after studying A Levels. Great staff and brilliant tutors at Strabane NWRC has got me where I am today. “

Lorraine Griffin from Donegal is currently working in Ward 42 in Altnagelvin Hospital. She said: “My course at NWRC Strabane was brilliant. The lectures were so helpful, we had a small group and everyone got on so well together with everyone supporting each other. I went straight into a Bsc Hons Degree in Adult Nursing at Ulster University at Magee. I wouldn’t have got to study Nursing without this course, I got so much support for applying for Adult Nursing, and got an opportunity to go oversees to visit other Universities. There was loads of help and support from the lecturers.”

Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT Practitioners

Programming for Apps, websites and devices is something that I wanted to specialise in, but when I started doing A-Levels at school I realised that I wasn’t getting the opportunity to specialise my career in the way I had hoped. So when I discovered that this course at NWRC offered a pathway onto a degree in Computer Science I jumped at the chance!”

NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery

I studied Engineering at University for three years before I realised it wasn’t what I wanted to do. So I decided to follow my passion and become a chef. That’s why I applied to NWRC.

NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery

Access Diploma in Combined Studies

The support I received at NWRC was exceptional. The lecturers understood my needs and spotted my potential early on. The atmosphere was entirely different from what I expected. Everyone was so inspiring.

Access Diploma in Combined Studies

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business

Business is a great course for students who want to work as a Marketing Director, Administration or plan to open up their own business in the future. It gives you the opportunity to see how it works at all ends of the business spectrum.

Foundation Degree in International Travel and Tourism Management

I gained valuable industry experience and loved every minute of it. Studying Travel and Tourism at NWRC has definitely altered the course of my life and helped shape me into the person that I am today.