ACCEPTED TO NURSING DEGREE AFTER STUDYING NWRC ACCESS DIPLOMA IN COMBINED STUDIES – North West Regional College

ACCEPTED TO NURSING DEGREE AFTER STUDYING NWRC ACCESS DIPLOMA IN COMBINED STUDIES

Congratulations to NWRC student Catherine Mellon who has been accepted on to a Nursing Degree at Ulster University, after studying the one year Access Diploma in Combined Studies at NWRC.

Catherine, 34, who will start at UU in September, achieved a Distinction in the Access Course, which provides adults, who have been out of education, a pathway to Higher Education and University study.

Mum of 2 Catherine said: “I am 34 years old. I have two children, a 16-year-old, and an 11-year-old. I am in a long-term relationship. I left school without any formal qualification due to having my daughter at a young age.

“After much thought I decided in 2019 to better my life for both myself and my children and after seeking advice from the careers section in NWRC decided that the Access Course in Combined Studies seemed ideal for me. The course offered me a chance to gain formal qualifications, access to higher education and better career opportunities.

“I found the course both enjoyable and beneficial. I found the tutors very helpful and always willing to offer advice and guidance through the course, especially in the recent Covid19 pandemic with online classes and assignments. The elements I enjoyed most during the access course were: working with my fellow students on projects, completing assignments on time and to a high standard and improving myself both academically and on a personal level.

“I would highly recommend the Access course to anyone looking to improve their career opportunities. Due to my successful completion of the Access course with a distinction, I am now able to pursue my dream and start my nursing degree at the University of Ulster in September 2020.”

Information on all of NWRC’s Access Courses can be found online at www.nwrc.ac.uk/apply

You can also speak to one of the lecturers directly by emailing info@nwrc.ac.uk

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)