NWRC graduate encourages learners to logon to Online Results Days – North West Regional College

NWRC graduate encourages learners to logon to Online Results Days

A North West Regional College (NWRC) Sports graduate who is now working as a Rugby Union Performance Analyst in England, is encouraging local learners to secure their future career by logging on to NWRC’s Results Days.

Kyle Scott. Picture Martin McKeown. 02.07.20

Kyle Scott says attending the college from the age of 16, allowed him to pursue his passion for Sport. He’s now achieved a 1st in his BSc course in Sports Coaching at Northumbria University and is going on to a Masters in Performance Analysis at Worcester.

This year the college will be hosting Results Days ONLINE at www.nwrc.ac.uk/results when students can either apply for a course, or upload their results to confirm their place for a course they’ve previously applied for.  On the website students will be given step by step instructions on how to upload their results, and can watch a video walking them through every step of the process.

Kyle Scott (21), who previously played for City of Derry Ruby Club, says he gained valuable experience during his time at NWRC studying a course that would lead him on to University.

He said: “After my GCSEs I went to NWRC to study for my Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport.

“The course was great as a lot of it involved practical work, alongside classroom activities. Compared to my peers who were studying A-levels, I felt a lot more relaxed whilst completing the course. This was due to me enjoying studying sports, rather than 3 A levels in subjects that weren’t going to benefit me in the future.

“After my course, I left Northern Ireland to study in Newcastle, where I have just completed my BSC in Sports coaching with an overall 1st. I continued to involve myself in Rugby Union and picked up a passion of learning how performance analysis can impact Rugby athletes.

“Over the past three years at Uni I have been heavily involved with the Newcastle Falcons, in which I had the opportunity to complete my dissertation with the first team.  I am now looking forward to completing a Masters course in Performance analysis in Worcester, in which I hope to gain even more valuable experience that will allow me to work with various professional rugby clubs around the world.

“During my time of study, I hope to be working with a company known as Insight analysis, who have recently employed me to compete further Performance analysis work with the Falcons.”

Kyle is one of hundreds of students who choose NWRC as their post-16 Education option.

The college offers a huge range of courses open to students aged 16 and over, from Level 1 to Level 6, in Further and Higher Education.

Students who have attained 4/5 or more GCSEs can enrol on a Level 3 Further Education course (the equivalent of three A-Levels) at NWRC in a range of subject areas which include Art and Design, Business, Care and Health, I.T., Hospitality and Catering, Media, Science, Sport, Music, Performing Arts. Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy, Early Years, Construction and the Built Environment, Engineering, Administration and Travel and Tourism.

One year courses at Level 1 and 2, cater for students who want to increase their current GCSE profile and perhaps haven’t successfully achieved as many GCSEs as they would have liked, and can help them get back on track. Successful completion of a Level 2 course allows students to progress to a Level 3 course (the equivalent of three A Levels) and on to Higher Education, University or Employment.

In addition, the apprenticeship route is becoming more attractive for young people. As an apprentice, young people gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst earning a wage, combining practical ‘hands-on’ experience with academic knowledge. Apprentices typically work four days a week and are released by their employer one day a week to attend College.

For students who have already completed their A-Levels, Leaving Cert, or Level 3 course, NWRC offers a huge range of Higher Education courses including Foundation Degrees, Higher National Certificates, Higher National Diplomas and Higher Level Apprenticeships.

This year the college will be hosting Results Days ONLINE. You can logon to www.nwrc.ac.uk/results for post A-level Results on August 13 and 14 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and post GCSE Results on August 20, 21 and 24 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)