Safety first at NWRC – North West Regional College

Safety first at NWRC

SAFETY FIRST AT NWRC

We’re working hard towards a safe return to the college for staff and students – taking into account the health and wellbeing of everyone associated with the college.

To maintain social distancing along with a safe working environment, the college has taken a number of steps that include:

• Hand sanitisation stations at numerous locations in college buildings including all entrance areas
  • Directional arrows to control the movement of people around all campuses
  • Restricted use of lifts
  • Additional posters and signage to reinforce the importance of adhering to personal hygiene measures
  • Enhanced cleaning of touch points, such as door handles, handrails, lift buttons and vending machines.
  • Fixed screens installed where social distancing is difficult e.g. Reception areas, catering facilities
  • New arrangements for café and coffee shops to adhere to social distancing
  • Assessments undertaken on all teaching spaces to determine maximum capacity to comply with the 2 metre guidance.

We will continue to review this advice as it is updated by the Government

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)