NWRC hosts two day ONLINE global conference of the Future of Health and Social Care – North West Regional College

NWRC hosts two day ONLINE global conference of the Future of Health and Social Care

Caroline McKeever (Curriculum Hub Manager in Health and Social Care), Stephanie McGuinness (Course Director of Foundation Degree in Science, Health and Social Care), and Eleanor Keanie (Health and Social Care Lecturer) from North West Regional College are excited to announce a 2-day online international conference: The Future of Health and Social Care in the UK and USA.

You can register for the event here: https://blog.spcollege.edu/international/category/news/international-discussions/

Taking place on November 17 and 18, keynote speakers from both sides of the Atlantic will be discussing core themes around mental health and social care policy; healthcare challenges, opportunities and transformation – a unique opportunity this year for Foundation Degree in Science (Health and Social Care) students to internationalise their learning experience.

Both St. Petersburg College (Florida) and North West Regional College (NI) are committed to preparing students to be informed, responsible citizens in local, national and global communities. Having collaborated in previous years, faculty from both Colleges have recognised the power and impact of providing unique opportunities for students to actively get involved in high-level discussions around transforming health and social care services.

Speakers include:

Dr. Joseph Smiley (St. Petersburg College)

Caroline McKeever (Regional Curriculum Hub Manager in Health and Social Care, NWRC)

Susan McGrory (Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing, Ulster University)

Will Baldwin (Faculty Lecturer, St. Petersburg College)

Dr. Dianne Clark (CEO, Operation PAR, USA)

Bob Neri (Chief Clinical Officer, WestCare Foundation, USA)

Vicki Koller (Managing Officer of School Social Work, Pinellas County Schools, USA)

Julie Darroch (Senior Social Worker, Western Health and Social Care Trust, UK)

David Ross (Senior Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, UK)

Carolyn Keough (Director of Nursing, Operation PAR, USA)

Jason Dunkel (CEO of Advent Health, North Pinellas, USA)

Ryan Williams (CEO & Director Connected Health, UK)

Declan McAllister (Director of Registration and Corporation Services, NISCC, UK)

The Foundation Degree Programme is an innovative and contemporary course validated by Ulster University which will be attractive to both students and employers in the Health and Social Care sector.  The aim of this course is to address the needs of the local market by preparing graduates to gain the range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to meet the current and future evolving needs of Health and Social Care services in Northern Ireland. Core modules include:

• Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
  • Safeguarding and Managing Risk
  • Foundations in Anatomy & Physiology for Health and Social Care
  • Psychology Theory and Application
  • Introduction to Social Policy
  • Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice
  • Evidence Based Practice
  • Principles of Safe Practice
  • Physiological Responses for Health and Wellbeing
  • Introduction to Public Health
  • Innovative Practices to Support Health and Wellbeing

Course Director: Stephanie.McGuinness@nwrc.ac.uk

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)