NWRC Lockdown Calendar now on sale – North West Regional College

NWRC Lockdown Calendar now on sale

North West Regional College (NWRC) has launched a charity calendar detailing life during lockdown in 2020.

The ‘Life through a Lockdown Lens’ 2021 Calendar features images captured by local people across the North West, depicting scenes from outdoor life throughout the past 12 months.

Miceala O’Neill, winner of NWRC’s Life through a Lockdown Lens competition, pictured with the finished charity calendar. Also pictured are (left) Danny McFeely, Health and Wellbeing Activity Officer at NWRC, and Helen Clyde, NWRC’s Digital Marketing Officer. (Picture Martin McKeown).

Up to 100 entries were submitted in an online competition, with the top 12 selected for each month of the calendar.

The overall winner of the competition was Miceala O’Neill, whose picture of her daughter Zara Breslin, taken at Iskaheen Forest, was selected for the front cover.

Other entries featured animals, dramatic sunsets, stunning landscapes, countryside scenery, nature, and individual portraits.

Danny McFeely, Health and Wellbeing Activity Support Officer at NWRC said: “Our thanks to everyone who entered into the spirit of the calendar and got outdoors with their cameras. The standard of entries was extremely high and it was a difficult task to get down to the final 12.

“The calendar has now been printed and all funds raised from the sales will be donated to the college’s two nominated charities: Foyle Hospice and Foyle Search and Rescue.”

Calendars are on sale at NWRC’s Strand Road Campus at Student Services, priced at £5.

Mark McConway

Higher National Certificate in Construction

"It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable."

Rebekah Glen

Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accountancy 

"When I saw the Higher Level Apprenticeship advertised I thought it was a great opportunity to gain work experience while studying. There is only so much you can learn from a textbook!"

Leroy Grant

City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Barbering

"There's such a social and friendly atmosphere at the College. My lecturers are extremely supportive and the facilities are first class."

Carrie Bonner

HND In Media (Moving Image)  

"NWRC has opened so many doors for me and has given me the experience I need for a career in the creative media industry."

HND In Media (Moving Image)