- This event has passed.
December 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
STCI Conference – Inspiring students, celebrating success
College staff and students from STCI are engaged in a range of innovative projects with various stakeholders and employers. Working together BSU and STCI have delivered international, local and regional projects. International project engagement includes exchanges of staff and students through Erasmus and College supported initiatives. Local and cross border activity includes collaboration with business through Innovation Vouchers, FUSION and KTP projects.
This showcasing event, with contributions from STCI and BSU and our international office, aims to promote innovation, entrepreneurship and knowledge transfer activities by celebrating innovation excellence and success, locally and regionally, supporting businesses, and collaborating internationally with a range of stakeholders.
The format of the event will be a series of project presentations following on from a key note speaker and culminating with a Q&A session:
Special guest speaker: Jennifer Neff – Co CEO Elemental Software, The UK and Ireland’s leading social prescribing platform, connecting people, building communities and improving lives.
Presentations will include:
- National Cattle Breeding Centre – NCBC Project – Teresa Deeney – Lecturer Computing
- “A Smarter Generation for 2020+”- TC-ITE International Student Seminar (ISS) on Smart Living Hong Kong – Tommy Devine – Mechanical Engineering student
- Product Design Centre, Limavady – Brendan Pang – Engineering student, Philip Devlin- Product Design Manager
- “Development of cutting edge business and process management platform – DELA (Database of Engineering and Logistical Analytics) – KTP project partnership with AE Global – Stephen McClay Software Developer student & KTP Associate
- Inner City Trust – Marketing promotion, pod casting – Blane O’Donnell- Media student
- “Hour of Code” – Introduction to Coding primary schools – Dr Jennifer Hyndman -Lecturer Computing
- “Make Art Not War”– Regional Award winning project – Art & Design students
- “Science Project” (tbc) – Dr Paul Irvine Curriculum Manager Science (tbc)
Followed by Q&A Panel Discussion:
- European & International staff & student mobilities – Bronagh Fikri, Projects Officer
- Technology & Innovation Manager – Dr Fergal Tuffy
- Head of Department Science Technology & Creative Industries – Dr Danny Laverty