29th: At our Strand Road Campus activities on the day will include:*
– Science: From Volcanic Eruptions and Lava Lamps to Soil Sampling and Forensic Blood Analysis!
– Media: Have a go at presenting on TV or Radio, and using a green screen; try our Virtual Reality Headset and enjoy our filmmaking or animation workshops
– Engineering will be running demonstrations including CNC Materials and Metallurgy and Rapid Prototyping
– If you are interested in Computing we’ll have Bot n Roll and Coder Dojo workshops as well as programming and gaming, networking, animation and graphics
– Our Art staff will be on hand to give you a go at working with ceramics
– In Sports you’ll have a chance to try out some of our first class sports equipment
– In Early Years enjoy hands on creative activities including making story boxes and paint-less paintings
– For those interested in a career in Construction there will be practical demos of use of Surveying equipment & GPS and getting to grips with the construction of a Tower and CAD
– Interested in our Music or Performing Arts courses? You’ll get the chance to visit our professional recording studios to see and experience live music and a play being recorded.