What is a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador, you will undertake a leadership role while making a positive contribution to your College.
You’ll be a role model for current and future students, as well as the wider community by helping to showcase College life, facilities and courses. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to support and promote upcoming College events and activities. You’ll gain experience and develop skills that will not only look good on your UCAS form and CV, it will also impress employers.
What does the role involve?
Our Student Ambassadors will support NWRC’s Marketing & PR team in a number of ways, which may include:
- Appearing as a student profile in NWRC prospectus/course guides and official website
- Participating in College recruitment campaigns, which may include outdoor advertising (e.g. Billboard, Bus)
- Sharing your experience on NWRC social media via a video
- Working with the College’s Marketing & PR team to showcase the College’s work and success stories via press, radio and television
- Taking part in College promotional photo and/or video shoots to capture images of life on campus
- Guiding prospective students and parents at Open Day and supporting other College events internally and externally, including School Visits and Careers Conventions
- Current Media Student filmmakers supporting the production of College promotional films
What do I get in return?
Being a Student Ambassador is a varied and rewarding role; developing your communication and teamwork skills, increasing your employability and giving you the chance to enhance your CV. Additionally you will receive an exclusive Student Ambassador pack with a number of branded products and merchandise for you to enjoy.
As an NWRC Student Ambassador, you will:
- Receive a limited edition Student Ambassador Pack which includes:
- Premium Student Ambassador branded hoodie (available in a number of colours)
- Student Ambassador backpack
- Stainless steel drinking bottle
- Audio Earbuds
- 4-way device charger
- Reusable coffee mug
- Selection of College branded stationery
- Work with a variety of people
- Build your confidence
- Learn about marketing and events
- Gain valuable work experience for your CV
- Improve your communication and interpersonal skills
- Gain a professional reference for future employment
- Receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement’
How do I apply?
To apply simply complete the application form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information. Our Student Ambassador programme is open to all 2020/21 Full and Part-Time students at NWRC. We also accept applications from graduates who wish to share their success stories.
Note: All students accepted onto the Students Ambassador Programme will be required to complete a GDPR consent form to comply with current Data Protection Legislation.