The NI Chef Bootcamp will support participants to develop valuable kitchen skills, achieve industry relevant qualifications and gain a vital understanding of how a commercial kitchen operates.
All this, with a view to providing a pathway into an entry level chef role, working in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry. This course is fully funded by ERAP. This programme will focus on three main areas, skills, qualifications and industry insight.
What you need to know
- This is a 4 week programme
- Course commencing February 2022
- This course is fully funded by ERAP
- Limited places available
- Registration closes 28th January 2022
- APPLY NOW - Applicants to complete form at bottom of this page to register
- If you are an employer and would like to register your details to provide a work placement please complete form below.
During this four week programme you will be taught skills in the following areas
- Knife Cutting Techniques
- Practical Food Preparation
- Identifying Cuts of Meat
- Commercial Kitchen Processes
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering
- Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering
During this programme you will get the chance to see how a commercial kitchen operates, it will also give you an insight into various work settings. At the end of the programme, you will have an opportunity to showcase your new skills to a range of employers.