The NWRC Academy of Clinical Skills and Enhanced Care is a new initiative that provides knowledge and skills courses to Carers.
Courses are offered to all carers, be that informal/family carers or Health and Social Care professionals working across a range of settings. They may also be of interest to those thinking of joining the social care workforce as a new career pathway.
Social care workers are at the front line, caring for and supporting people at the heart of their communities. A qualified and skilled workforce that is rewarded and feels valued is essential for high quality care that is sensitive to individual needs. We will therefore make care work a more rewarding vocation, offering a career where people can develop new skills and take on new challenges as they become more experienced.Build back better, 2021
Increasingly those providing social care, are supporting individuals with complex physical and clinical care needs. Candidates will benefit from training that builds confidence and competence in these areas.
On all courses the emphasis is on skills development, experiential learning, peer sharing and support.
Fully funded via ERAP.
The following courses are delivered at the DIAL centre, Strand Road campus.
- Undertake Personal Hygiene Activities with Individuals (Level 1 and 2)
- Understand How to Support Individuals to Maintain Oral Health (Level 2)
- Undertake Agreed Pressure Area Care (Level 2 and 3)
- The Principles of Infection Prevention and Control (Level 2)
- Manual Handling Principles and Practices (Level 2)
- Certificate in Emergency First Aid (inc. Defibrillation) (Level 3)
- Basic Life Support and Management of Anaphylaxis (RQF) (Level 3)
- Care for Individuals with Urethral Catheters (Level 3)
- Undertaking Stoma Care (Level 3)
Online eLearning courses with tutor support
- Diabetes Awareness in Health and Care (Level 1)
- Supporting Individuals Living with Dementia (Level 3)
- Awareness of End of Life Care | Level 2
Download Clinical Skills Brochure
Download our current prospectus which will run until March 2022, with further courses planned for Spring/Summer 2022. Future course offers will be informed by Carer and Employer feedback and priorities.