Course OverviewThis scheme has been produced in association with producers of Computer Aided Design software, such as Autodesk, the producers of AutoCAD and is a natural progression from 2D drafting.
Suitable for those involved in engineering, architecture, product design, land surveying, graphic design, concept simulation, etc….
The scheme aims to enable candidates to:
• Apply appropriate commands to set the 3D modelling environment
• Create and use working planes at any required position/attitude within 3D Space
• Define and use co-ordinate points at any position within 3D Space
• Apply appropriate commands to construct the whole or part of a 3D model using the best available method - surface or solid modelling
• Apply appropriate commands to modify 3D solid objects
• Apply appropriate commands to perform 3D operations on existing objects
• Apply appropriate commands to manipulate a 3D model
• Apply appropriate commands to view 3D model in a variety of display formats
• Print/plot/export 3D models
The selection of candidates is at the discretion of the centre, however it will be advantageous for candidates to have some experience of CAD and of 3-dimensional co-ordinate systems