Course: City & Guilds Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing (City and Guilds)Campus: LimavadyType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021Fees:
Course: City & Guilds Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing (City and Guilds)Campus: StrabaneType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021Fees:
- Site location Limavady Main St Strabane
- Provide information and support to individuals on the protection of their oral health
- Assessment of oral health and planning
- Dental Radiography
- Management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
- First Aid Essentials
- Reducing the risk to health and safety in the dental setting
- The role and responsibilities of a dental nurse
- Prepare and maintain environments, instruments, and equipment for clinical dental procedures
- Principles of infection control in the dental environment
- Provide chairside support for the assessment of patients oral health
- Contribute to the production of dental images
- Provide chairside support for the prevention and control of periodontal disease and caries and the restoration of cavities
- Provide chairside support for the provision of fixed and removable prostheses
- Provide chairside support for non-surgical endodontic treatment
- Provide chairside support for the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
UK RequirementsApprenticeshipsNI Level 3 is open to employees aged 16-24 or those about to take up permanent paid employment with a Northern Ireland-based company and be contracted to work a minimum of 21 hours per week (including 3 hours of class in College) with one employer. If students do not have Level 2 Essential Skills in Numeracy and Literacy (or equivalent) this will be a mandatory element of the course.
ROI RequirementsInterview with course team to demonstrate the potential to gain the qualification successfully.
Apprentices must be employed or about to take up employment.
Further StudyOn completion of this qualification learners may pursue on-going professional development or higher education.
Career ProspectsOn completion of this qualification learners may progress in employment as a dental nurse registered with the GDC . Opportunities may include:• specialist dental nursing roles• dental hygiene or therapy• dental technology• dental decontamination• teaching or mentoring• practice management in a dental setting.
The College has helped me become a better musician. I started at NWRC, now I'm supporting Robbie Williams at Hyde Park!ROE (Roisin Donald)
This course had a huge impact on my life. Not only did it give me the confidence to start my own photography business, but I also gained friends for life!Linda McGlinchey (Photography)
Discover our other courses
Integrative Counselling Practice (Yr 2 of 3) (Level 5 Ulster University Foundation Degree)
- Care & Health
Holistic Health and Complementary Therapies (QCF) ( Level 3 Certificate)
- Care & Health
Dental Nursing (Yr 2 of 2) * A continuation of study from Year 1 to enable progression towards achievement & registration with GDC ( Level 3 Diploma)
- Care & Health