Start Date13 Sep 2021
Course: Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Award Body (CPCAB) Level 5 Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and TheoryCampus: Strand RoadType: Part TimeStart Date: 13/09/2021
- Site location Strand Road
- Dates 13/09/2021 - 17/06/2022
- 1. Work safely, legally and ethically as a counsellor using the CBT approach
- 2.Use the CBT framework to structure the therapeutic relationship
- 3. Integrate understanding of diversity in CBT work
- 4. Use a coherent CBT approach to work with individual clients and their needs
- 5. Work with self-awareness as a counsellor using the CBT approach
- 6. Use CBT theory, research and techniques coherently within counselling work
- 7. Monitor and maintain professional effectiveness as a counsellor using the CBT approach
UK RequirementsCPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) or equivalent. Applications for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) will also be considered.
ROI RequirementsCPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) or equivalent. Applications for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) will also be considered.
Client work: a minimum of 30 hours one-to-one client work with at least three different clients using the CBT model. Supervision: candidates must make their own supervision arrangements for their client work. This external supervision should be with a supervisor who is able to support candidates in their CBT practice.
Further StudyOpen University Foundation Degree in Counselling. CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision (TCSU-L6) plus a recommended minimum 450 supervised practice hours. The supervised practice hours accrued by students from Level 4 onward are usually counted towards the overall total of 450 hours.
Career ProspectsCBT is one of the NICE recommended psychological therapies and counsellors with CBT skills are often favoured above those without in multidisciplinary psychological therapy teams especially the Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) teams
NWRC is a great place to learn. The NWRCSU is run by students, for students. We will do our upmost to ensure that the student voice is strong in the College and that your views are being heard right at the very top. Let us all work together so that every student feels that they belong to the collegeEamonn Kelly
My time at NWRC gave me the confidence to open my own Beauty Salon. Now I'm a part-time lecturer for the College.Vanessa Canning