Start Date6 Sep 2021
Course: Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Diploma in Health & Social CareCampus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Carrying out a Research Project in Health and Social Care
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
- Skills and Qualities for Working in the Health and Social Care Sector
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Using ICT in Health and Social Care
UK Requirements4 GCSEs Grade D-G or aboveStudents who do not hold Level 2 qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy will be required to complete these during this course.
ROI Requirements4 OLCs Grade 06 or above Students who do not hold Level 2 qualifications in Literacy & Numeracy will be required to complete these during this course.
Further StudyProgression to Level 3 Health and Social Care pathways including Health Science, Health Studies, Health & Social Care.
Career ProspectsPast students who have not continued their studies at further education have gained employment in the health and social care sector, working as care assistants, domiciliary carers, or support work.
I choose to train as an apprentice because it was very important to me that I could work and earn money while studying towards my qualification.Ryan Carlyle (Drylining)
I progressed from NWRC directly into final year of a degree programme at Glasgow School of Art, along with my twin sister.Tipsudar Cochrane