Start Date31 Aug 2021
Applications/Enrolment now Closed for this year
Course: Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Diploma in Health & Social CareCampus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 31/08/2021Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Carrying out a Research Project in Health and Social Care
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
- Skills and Qualities for Working in the Health and Social Care Sector
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Using ICT in Health and Social Care
UK Requirements4 GCSEs Grade D-G or aboveStudents who do not hold Level 2 qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy will be required to complete these during this course.
ROI Requirements4 OLCs Grade 06 or above Students who do not hold Level 2 qualifications in Literacy & Numeracy will be required to complete these during this course.
Further StudyProgression to Level 3 Health and Social Care pathways including Health Science, Health Studies, Health & Social Care.
Career ProspectsPast students who have not continued their studies at further education have gained employment in the health and social care sector, working as care assistants, domiciliary carers, or support work.
The support I received from my lecturers at NWRC was incredible. They always pushed me to my full potential and gave me the confidence to open my own beauty salon.Vanessa Canning (Hair & Beauty)
My time at the College has been amazing. The tutors are so helpful and encouraging, even in these difficult times where things are anything but normal. I can not recommend this course enough for anyone who has a passion for Art and Design!Rachel Buckley