Start Date29 Aug 2022
Course: Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/Extended Diploma in Health and Social CareCampus: LimavadyType: Full TimeStart Date: 29/08/2022Fees:
- Site location Limavady Main St
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Public Health
- Physiological Disorders and their Care
- Policy in Health and Social Care
- Caring for Individuals with Dementia
- Understanding Mental Wellbeing
- Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
UK Requirements4 GCSEs (Grade C or above) to include English; or Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Merit or above + GCSE English (Grade C or above), or Equivalent.
ROI Requirements4 OLCs (Grade 05 or above) ; or Leaving Cert Applied, Merit or above, +Must have an English qualification (OLC Grade 04 or above)
Learners will undertake 100 hours of work experience and will be able to observe the roles of health and social care workers in practice; and use their experience to link theory into practice. Previous students have gained work experience in day centres, care homes, residential care homes, special needs schools, mental health, and learning disability facilities.
Further StudyProgression to the Foundation Degree Science in Health and Social Care (validated by Ulster University); and/or University degrees in Nursing, Social Work, Teaching, Psychology, Criminology, or Youth and Community work, Housing etc.
Career ProspectsPast students who have not continued their studies at higher education, have gained employment in the health and social care sector, working as care assistants, domiciliary carers, or support work.
I would recommend North West Regional College. It is a great place to learn, you meet new friends, and you have great craic too!Cameron Nutt
My course has opens so many doors within the Construction industry for roles in health & safety, quantity surveying, architecture and site management.Padraig Bannon (Construction)